Bathroom Remodel: The Finale


The bathroom is done, and we still can't believe it's really ours! This is honestly the most beautiful bathroom either of us has ever owned, and it's not even the master :) I'm proud of us. They say that a remodel either breaks or makes a couple, and I think this project further solidified for me how well Gus and I complement each other. I'm the one that starts a project (usually out of the blue). But I'm not a designer. Gus is able to envision everything so clearly. He creates the road map to finish our projects, planning each step. I'm always surprised by what he comes up with. 


Gus said from the very beginning that the bathroom would be an ode to the funky cement tiles. Everything else would be crisp, clean, and white - to draw your eyes to the ground, and then to the fixtures that quietly pop in the background. 

We got most of the fixtures from Amazon, the flooring from the cementtileshop.com, and the bathroom vanity mirror from CB2. I'm including the links below, in case you want to know exactly what we chose:


  • Kohler Toilet (Persuade model with dual flush technology) - we liked this option because it was completely flat along the sides which would be easier to clean. Also, it's beautiful. Plus, we've always wanted a dual flush toilet!

Gus and I can't stop staring at the bathroom. We keep going back and just looking at it. There's still a few more things to do, but we'll make updates as they come.

Here's a final look at the before and after:






Comments

Popular Posts